How to Harness the Energy of Spring to Overcome Limiting Beliefs
If there are barriers in your life that are preventing you from achieving your dreams, Spring is a great time to kick them to the wayside!
Whether we like to admit it or not, each of us can experience inner obstacles that limit our growth and potential. Although none of us can ever have complete control in our lives, the difference between succeeding and failing in your endeavors often lies within yourself. Specifically, your beliefs about what is possible play an instrumental role in forming your reality.
Luckily, Spring is abundant with creative energies that can inspire us to change our beliefs and unlock our inner potential. This blog post will explore how we can harness the season’s lessons and overcome our personal limitations
Spring: The Season For Personal Empowerment
If you look around during the Springtime, it’s not hard to notice that the world is undergoing a dramatic transformation. The signs of rebirth are everywhere, from the sprouting seedlings beneath your feet to the sounds of baby chicks echoing their first chirps from the trees above. Plants that were bare start to grow new leaves and frozen streams morph into babbling brooks. In humans, old habits and ways of thinking start to give way to new ideas and ways of being… if we allow nature’s energy into our lives.
In one of our previous articles, we discussed how the season is connected to the wood element and our liver.
The liver is represented by the pioneer archetype: the trailblazer, innovator, and creator. When our liver energy is healthy and vibrant, it can challenge us to push through our limitations and experience new thoughts and ways of living. Just imagine a blade of grass pushing itself upward through cracks in the concrete to find the light.
Additionally, Springtime is also connected to our eyes. Of course, our eyes are what allow us to see the world, but they also represent our inner vision — our ability to imagine and be creative. Just as the natural world is busily recreating itself in Springtime, our inner vision can allow us to do the same thing in our own lives.
So, what actionable steps can you take to harness Spring’s creative energy and overcome your own limiting beliefs? Well, Qi Gong is a great way to cultivate the energy of Spring (more about this below), but we also wanted to offer you some additional tools. Below, we’ve included a quick exercise you can do at home to transform your limitations into an empowered state of consciousness.
Spring Empowerment Exercise
Find a quiet place to be alone with a pencil and 3 sheets of paper. If you can go outside and take a walk, that’s great, since it will allow you to do this exercise in the presence of the natural world’s powerful Springtime Qi. However, a quiet bedroom or living room is also a perfectly appropriate place.
Once you’re in your sacred space, take a few deep breaths and allow your mind to let go of your daily responsibilities. Perhaps, spend a few minutes doing Qi Gong or meditating to find presentness and peace.
Now, we’re going to create 3 different lists on our pieces of paper.
- Vision: Take the first piece of paper and write “My Vision” at the top. Then, write down everything you want to create in your life. These can be small things like flossing your teeth more often or can be grand ambitions related to your work or relationships.
- You can do this as a free-form journal entry in paragraph form, or create bullets that are clear and concise. These are the outcomes you want to realize in various areas of your life. What are your health goals? Relationship goals? Career goals? Parenting goals? Try to make them clear and easy to understand.
- As you write, seek to really be in touch with yourself and let go of any limiting beliefs. Find your source of strength and confidence and don’t worry about your vision sounding “realistic.” Remember, what is realistic is largely based on what you believe is possible. Therefore, seek to write down your goals based on what your truest self longs for.
- Limiting Beliefs and Obstacles: Once you’ve clearly defined your vision, it’s time to identify your inner obstacles and barriers that have been preventing you from achieving what you want. Next to each vision, write whatever obstacle(s) are in your way. These might be things like, “I doubt myself,” or “I get distracted by things that aren’t important.” Sometimes, one vision may have several obstacles. Similarly, one obstacle may apply to many different visions. Remember, we all have our limiting beliefs, so try not to judge yourself for yours.
- Life-Affirming Beliefs: Once you’ve written down your visions and obstacles, go through your list of obstacles and write a life-affirming sentence that overcomes each obstacle. Using the first example above, a life-affirming belief might be “I believe in myself to achieve whatever I want.” For the second obstacle, your life-affirming statement could be “I believe I can and will stay focused on the things that are important to me.”
Once you’ve finished these three lists, you can go ahead and throw away your Limiting Beliefs and Obstacles. You don’t need those anymore! However, your Vision and Life-Affirming Beliefs are here to stay. Take those two pieces of paper and put them somewhere you can see throughout your day. Next to your bed or in your office are great places to post them.
The last step in this exercise is to make a point to read your Vision and Life-Affirming Beliefs every day. The more you remind yourself about these truths, the more you’ll bring about the empowered mindset that will allow you to realize your visions.
In addition to completing this exercise, there’s another wonderful way to help you transform your limiting beliefs into empowering thoughts…
Pre-Recorded Wisdom Qi Gong Workshop
At Holden QiGong, we’ve put together a special workshop called Wisdom Qi Gong. In it, Lee teaches powerful practices to cultivate intelligence and wisdom for us to apply in our modern lives.
The ability to think and feel with clarity is an essential element to creating a life of purpose and overcoming limiting beliefs. Wisdom Qi Gong is a great way to sharpen our inner vision in order to fully embrace the gifts of Springtime.
Because this is a pre-recorded workshop, you can enjoy the lessons whenever you want from the comfort of your own home. You can also go back to rewatch the material as often as you would like.
Spring is the time for wisdom and rebirth, so learn more and sign up today.